5th Grade: Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon trip is an amazing experience for 5th grade students to learn more about this beautiful state we call home.
This educational journey is the first of many academic trips ahead for our students. We will visit many amazing places, such as the Grand Canyon, Colorado Gorge, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Indoor Rock Climbing in Flagstaff, Meteor Crater, Hiking Sedona, and more.
Students will have guided education material to enhance their learning experience at each destination. This adventure is a two-night trip that students will never forget!
6th Grade: Space Camp in huntsville, Al
Space Academy® trainees experience firsthand the future of space travel and train to solve technically challenging anomalies in order to complete their space mission.
Trainees practice clear communication through aquatic team-building activities and leadership training at Space Camp Challenge Course and put engineering skills to the test as they construct an ablative shield during the Thermal Design Challenge.
- Launch on missions to the International Space Station, the moon or Mars.
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer.
- Design, build and launch a team rocket.
- Learn team-building skills on the low elements at our Space Camp Challenge Course and in one of our water facilities.
- Put your creative thinking skills to work in our engineering design challenges.
- Hear the inspiring stories about commercial pioneers like Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX.
7th Grade: American History Tour in Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC
Traveling with classmates and lifelong memories are only part of the fun awaiting you on this trip. During this engaging adventure, we will explore major American historical landmarks in Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. In Boston, some of our stops include a recreation of the Mayflower and Puritan village. We will also go to the field where the first battle of the American Revolution occurred. We finish in Boston going along the Freedom Trail. In Philadelphia, students will go inside Independence Hall where the Constitution was written. The final city is Washington DC, where we will visit places such as the U.S. Capitol, the Washington Monument, the U.S. Holocaust Museum, the Smithsonian Museums, and Mount Vernon. We’ll also reflect on the achievements of great Americans as we visit many of the great memorials throughout the city. Students also have an opportunity to participate in the Veterans History Project for the Library of Congress. They may interview veterans and submit their interviews to the Library to become part of the collection of Veteran oral histories. Throughout 7th grade History class, students have been learning about the events and places we will visit.
8th Grade: Marine Science Trip in florida everglades & the Keys
Students will investigate the Marine Biology and Ecosystems of The Florida Everglades and The Florida Keys. 8th Grade Environmental Science allows students to connect and relate to the world around them, through hands-on experiences. Students spend the school year getting to know Earth’s Systems, Body Systems, Traits/Genetics, and sustainability.
During this trip, students will have opportunities to observe organisms up close. They will take tours through state parks, visit historical sites and animal sanctuaries, kayak, snorkel, dip-net, etc.
Students will have hands-on experiences in:
- Evaluating scientific information for relevance to a given problem.
- Observing the living world around them and making inferences based on scientifically accepted beliefs.
- Applying scientific concepts to problems observed in their own communities.
- Developing an ability to identify and acquire new knowledge as a part of the problem-solving/scientific process.
- Communicating, presenting, and collaborating effectively with all members of the class team.
9th Grade: New York City, NY
Students will be visiting and exploring several neighborhoods and areas in New York including 5th Avenue, Central Park, Times Square, Lower Manhattan, and Midtown.
In addition, students will visit the American Museum of Natural History, the Rock Rockefeller Center, Madame Tussauds, the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, the National September 11th Memorial, the Empire State Building and Observatory, Spyscape, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, One World Observatory, and watch a Broadway Play.
10th Grade: Hawaii, HI
Students will arrive in Honolulu and start their 5-day adventure with a Grand Circle Island Tour where they will see many sights such as a Dole Pineapple Plantation, Haleiwa Surf Town, Scofield Army Base, Laiakea Turtle Beach, Kahuku Shrimp Farm, Laie Mormon Temple, and the Polynesian Cultural Center. They will spend time at Mana Farm, learning about eco-tourism, and sustainability, taking part in some activities, and tasting some Polynesian fruits.
A city tour and visit to Pearl Harbour and the USS Arizona Memorial will teach students about valuable history lessons and show them points of interest that make Honolulu unique.
At Sea Life Park, students will get the chance to encounter dolphins, learn about their behaviors and their anatomy.
Next on the agenda is Diamond Head Hike which offers stunning coastal views and military history.
To conclude the Hawaiian adventure, students will have an authentic Hawaiian Luau where they will learn the hula, enjoy traditional food, music, entertainment, and gracious island hospitality.
11th Grade: puerto rico - service adventure
Students will spend 5 days exploring this beautiful island with a balance of service project, cultural and historical learning, and fun activities.
- Restore protected coastal mangrove forests and swim at
night in the Bioluminescent Bay!
- Explore the beautiful island of Puerto Rico
including beaches, mountains, and rainforests!
- Service learning opportunities in the tropical rainforest
helping with reforestation projects!
- Learn about the rich and resilient culture, traditions,
language, and history of the island!
- Volunteer with local schools and community service
organizations in historic cities!
12th Grade: costa rica - service Adventure
Students will spend 5 days discovering this beautiful country with a balance of geographical and cultural learning, fun and sporty activities, and service projects.
- Tour La Chimba Farm to learn about Coffee while
walking through the Lush Forest on The Mantra Trail!
- Experience Costa Rica’s Beaches, Volcanoes,
Rainforests, Rivers, Hot Springs, Farms, Food, and more!
- Take in the beauty of Costa Rica’s landscapes while
Hiking, Ziplining, Swimming, and Rafting!
- Take an educational ecotourism day at Pierellas
Butterfly Farm and the Tirimbina Biological Reserve!
- Visit Asis Wildlife Rescue- get up close to the Wildlife,
learn about conservation & rehabilitation!